WSS Youth Climate Summit: Redesigning Education to Map to Global Sustainability – Jan 2024
January 13, 2024 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm PST
We invite you to be a part of redesigning education to map to global sustainability for humanity and future generations.
Amidst a climate crisis, technological disruption, evolving work landscapes and eroding institutional trust, current educational models are inadequate in preparing individuals of all ages to navigate these changing times. This highlights the urgent need for a profound redesigning of educational models to map to sustainable global systems. We invite you to this rolling workshop series that works together to proactively address the demands of our swiftly evolving world.
Join us for an all-day event on Saturday, January 13. This is an opportunity for youth, youth organizations, curriculum developers, climate experts, and government officials to come together to redesign education and collaborate on an approach that steers humanity in a more sustainable direction.
In this summit we will:
- Hear youth’s unvarnished perspectives and innovative ideas about transforming education
- Create a space for youth to collaborate on meaningful redesigns of education
- Address how the loneliness crisis and lack of trust models prevents and impacts youth’s ability to proactively solve the climate crisis
- Address the importance of preparation for a rapidly changing world
- Collaborate on effecting curriculum changes in the time necessary
- Learn how the Phoenix Platform can amplify youth voices and support their intentions while providing opportunities to be a part of climate solutions and free education
- Discover pathways to empower youth, women and underrepresented groups by redesigning the educational system from the ground up.
- Understand how the near-term application of AI and technology tools can be used to redesign the educational system.
- Explore how the educational system can be transformed to result in green jobs creation and venues for application of the necessarily acquired skills.
- Determine many of the requirements for the Phoenix Platform, where above mentioned skills can be applied to bring catalytic effect to the resolution of the climate crisis.
- Create a workshop model or strategy for ongoing youth collaboration at large scale to amplify efforts and impacts.
Join Zoom Meeting: